[802.3_B10GAUTO] 802.3cy comments

All – based on our discussions in the task force, I submitted a comment clarifying the text of the REM and ETM sections of the specification.  The main intent of this was to separate the REM and ETM metrics and (hopefully) make the exposition clearer.  There are a few places where I made some changes (such as limiting the range of “m” over which etm is evaluated) because not making them, in my opinion, made the separation unnecessarily complex, and the change did not introduce a technical change to the algorithm.  Please take a moment before the meeting to look over the new text at : https://www.ieee802.org/3/cy/comments/8023-165_etm_rem_d3p1_separated_r1.pdf .  That way we can be ready to do comment resolution.  If you see something you don’t think is right, let me know – you may be correct, and I have the frame to fix it cleanly.

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx