[802.3_B10K] Request for supporters for CGMII Extender baseline proposal

Shawn and I have put together a baseline proposal for a CGMII Extender and CGMII Extender Sublayer (100GXS) that we will be presenting at the Long Beach meeting next week.

http://www.ieee802.org/3/cn/public/19_01/nicholl_3cn_01_0119.pdf

This baseline proposal builds upon previous work that was presented at the Spokane and Bangkok meetings, and also several ad-hoc conference calls (see slide 5 in the presentation). The proposal is based on the 400GMII Extender concept that was adopted in the 802.3bs project (Clause 118).

Our intent is to make a motion in January to adopt slide 9 of this presentation as the baseline proposal for a CGMII Extender and Extender Sublayer (100XGS), that allows the CGMII to be extended across a physically instantiated 100GAUI-4 or 100GAUI-2 electrical interface.

Note, that support for extension of the CGMII across a future single-lane 100Gb/s AUI is anticipated as work of the P802.3ck task force. As a result the same presentation will also be given during the .3ck task force meeting.

If you would like to be listed as a supporter of this presentation, please contact either Shawn or myself.

Also if you have any specific questions related to the presentation, please also feel free to reach out to either Shawn or myself.

Gary