[802.3_NGAUTO] Presentations for February Interim

Dear all,

Over the last weeks we more and more moved forward in the ad-hoc to find consensus on the data rate discussion. Here I have attached my condensed understanding of what we can align on:

- Reflecting the latest discussion on asymmetric data rate I removed the "do not preclude..." proposal as from my understanding we still have the opportunity to do so.

- Also I didn't include Andys objective on PoDL, which I also support, but I think this can separately covered by Andys presentation and should not interfere with the speed grade discussion.

- Furthermore I kept the 5G objective, hence there is seems fewer support for this.  Here are my reasons for that: From my understanding even if this is an separate objective the 5G PHY could be  derived from the 2.5G (e.g. use 2 pairs or upscaling of clock) or 10G (e.g. downscaling of clock, ...) PHY, So it would not necessarily be a completely separate PHY, but only a scaling of another PHY. And if none of these scaling approaches will work to allow an appropriate solution still the objective can be removed in TaskForce phase.

If you can support the attached slide/objectives, please let me know and I would be glad to add your name as a supporter.

Thanks and best regards,
Stefan