From: Hossein Sedarat [mailto:Hossein.Sedarat@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 3:47 AM
To: Jerome-yu; STDS-802-3-NGBASET@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Question about Alien Cross Talk Rejection Test

Hi Jerome,

You’re right that the threshold for Salz SNR was reduced from 32 dB to 28 dB but the _expression_ for Salz SNR was also slightly modified to include a constant background term to capture the effects of other (primarily internal) noise sources. If you refer to my presentation at http://www.ieee802.org/3/bz/public/mar16/Sedarat_3bz_01_0316.pdf, on slide 5 I have a plot that shows the tolerated SNR for external noises. This plot shows that the tolerated SNR still remains at 32 dB for 5G at 100m. However, referring to the same plot, you see that the requirement for 2.5G is reduced from 32 dB to 29 dB. Given these numbers, the level of white noise as shown in slide 6, are -137 dBm/Hz and -125 dBm/Hz. So, the current number in latest spec is correct for 5G but it appears that we failed to adjust the corresponding number for 2.5G. The current number is -127 dBm/Hz which has to be replaced by -125 dBm/Hz.

-Hossein