[802.3_NGEPON] 9/3/15 NG-EPON Study Group Consensus call agenda

Colleagues,

Please see agenda below. Note there are several items I hope you’ll review before attending the meeting so we can be most efficient.

·         Review of Guidelines for IEEE-SA meetings.

o    https://development.standards.ieee.org/myproject/Public/mytools/mob/preparslides.pdf

·         CSD/PAR/Objectives timeline

·         Study Group Objectives

o    Review Current version (R07) located here:

§  https://owncloud.cablelabs.com/public.php?service=files&t=4951cd9a35045bade1c1b0729eecaac0

o    Comments on current objectives:

§  “Provide physical layer specifications operating over a single SMF strand and supporting” makes it sound as if the said specifications operate over SMF, which is clearly not the intent. I would suggest the following wording instead: “Provide physical layer specifications for operation over a single SMF strand and supporting”

§  “MAC data rate” is repeated in three 2nfd level bullets. Suggest to change “supporting” to “supporting the MAC data rate of:” and strike ‘MAC data rate of’ in three 2nd level bullets

§  “Provide an extensible architecture that will support future higher MAC data rates of at least 100 Gb/s” – we do not “provide” architecture, but rather define it in the spec. There is also no need to state “higher” since it is  implied by 100 Gb/s target already.  Suggest to reword as follows: “Define an extensible architecture to support future MAC data rates of at least 100 Gb/s”

o    Co-existence objective proposal:

§  Support coexistence with 10G-EPON

·         Power budgets equivalent to 10G-EPON power budgets defined in 802.3-2015

·         Wavelength allocation allowing concurrent operation with 10G-EPON PHYs

§

·         PAR Scope and Purpose contribution – Duane

o    Review the document “201509Remein_NG-EPON Project Scope  Purpose.pdf” located here:

§  https://owncloud.cablelabs.com/public.php?service=files&t=4951cd9a35045bade1c1b0729eecaac0

·         Reminder - Call for Contributions

·         Contributions needed

·         Open

11:30 – 1:30 MDT

1.  Please join my meeting.

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/333639325

2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.

Dial +1 (872) 240-3212

Access Code: 333-639-325

Meeting ID: 333-639-325

Curtis Knittle