[802.3_OMEGA] Call for November Study Group presentations

Colleagues:

The IEEE 802.3 Multi-Gigabit Automotive Optical PHYs Study Group will be meeting during the IEEE Plenary meeting in Wiakoloa Village, Hawaii, USA.  As always, meeting information is available from the IEEE 802 home page "IEEE 802.3 meeting notice” link.  For those that haven’t attended previous IEEE 802 meetings at this site, Wiakoloa Village is about 40 minutes from Kona airport, on the "big island” of Hawaii.  Our SG meetings will be scheduled between the opening and closing IEEE 802.3 WG meetings.  (A general overview of a typical meeting week can be found at http://www.ieee802.org/3/plenary.html). To gain attendance credit for gaining or maintaining 802.3 voting rights, an attendee will have to attend at least one of the opening and closing 802.3 WG meetings.

As a Study Group, our task is to develop Objectives, Criteria for Standards Development, and Project Authorization Request documents.  Presentations related to these documents are welcome, and as part of developing these documents, presentations of a more technical nature are also requested to reinforce the ability to do the proposed work (e.g., that the proposed project is technically and economically feasible).  The "Procedure for Presenters" can be found at http://www.ieee802.org/3/OMEGA/public/presentproc.html.  The deadline for requesting presentation time is 31 October, with the presentation due 4 November.

I look forward to receiving requests for presentations and seeing you at our meeting in Hawaii.

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, IEEE 802.3 Multi-Gigabit Automotive Optical PHYs Study Group