[802.3_OMEGA] Call for interest on Hybrid (optical/electrical) automotive Ethernet data links

Colleagues:

Carlos Pardo had requested a call for interest (CFI) on Hybrid (optical/electrical) automotive Ethernet data links (http://ieee802.org/3/cfi/request_1119_2.html).  This CFI will ask for our study group charter to be expanded to include study of such links, and enable adding such links to the standards development project we expect the Study Group to request.  The CFI will occur during the opening 802.3 plenary meeting, with a consensus building meeting scheduled for Tuesday evening where there will be time for presentation and discussion of the proposed work.  More information on this CFI is at the above link and additional detail will follow as the November meeting dates approach.

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, Hybrid (optical / electrical) automotive Ethernet data links