Re: [802.3_OMEGA] Proposal to move forward with #i-107 and #i-108 comment resolution

Colleagues,

I have received valuable comments on the proposed response and motion wording, in addition to Ramana's proposal to change the Straw Poll.

Regarding the latter, I prefer to stick to the comment resolution with a Straw Poll linked to the comments we are trying to resolve. Fortunately, we have previously agreed upon text within the TF on wavelength, and having an Straw Poll with two options to fill a gap that does not exist in the draft simply does not reflects the current situation.

In my opinion our focus should be to complete the comment resolution.

My updated proposal is the following (modifications explained in italic):

  1. Add to Proposed Response of comments #i-107 and #i-108 the following sentence, acknowledging the discussions we had last week (reference to "cost" has been removed):
  2. Conduct an Straw Poll on the two modified Proposed Responses to measure the consensus around them with the following text (Added "modified" in the straw poll wording):
            Straw Poll #TBD
            Approve the modified proposed response to comments #i-107 and #i-108 as drafted by the editor.
            (Technical >= 75%)
            Yes
            No
            Abstain
  3. If the straw poll is favorable, I have the intention to move the same motion I withdrew last week, with the following text: (Mr. Grow has indicated that the motion and vote should be added to the comment response)

            Motion #TBD
            Move to approve the modified proposed response to comments #i-107 and #i-108 as drafted by the editor.
            (Technical >= 75%)

                Yes
                No
                Abstain
  4. Similarly, any motions from anyone else to adopt a different response would be included in the comment responses.
  5. As has been done for years in 802.3 comment resolution when no consensus on the Proposed Responses is reached, add to bot Proposed Responses the following sentence:

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Luisma