[802.3_OMEGA] P802.3cz plenary TF meeting

Colleagues,

Our 1st SA recirculation ballot on P802.3cz/D3.1 has now closed.  At close of ballot, the draft has 92% approval.  We received 68 comments to consider when we meet in Bangkok (some of us joining remotely).  I haven’t received any requests for presentation time.  Received comments and proposed responses are expected to be posted this week.

A registration fee is required to attend either in-person or remotely. As usual, remote participation information is available on the 802.3 Calendar.

As a reminder, the P802.3cz TF meeting will be held starting Monday 13:00 (Bangkok time), planning to break for the day between 17:00 and 18:00 then continuing Tuesday at 08:00, adjourning between 17:00 and 18:00.  We will be taking morning, lunch, and afternoon breaks.

A liaison letter from the Open Alliance will be considered during a joint P802.3dh and P802.3cz meeting.  This joint meeting has not yet been scheduled, but will likely be during the meeting time of one of the Task Forces (P802.3dh is scheduled to meet Wednesday).

Attendance credit for gaining or retaining 802.3 voting membership will require attendance on 75% or more of the 802.3 meeting days (three of the four days 802.3 and its subgroups meet).  On Monday and Thursday, we will only be able to gain credit for the day by participating in the 802.3 meeting.

I look forward to a productive meeting.

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, P802.3cz Multi-Gigabit Optical Automotive Ethernet (OMEGA) Task Force