[802.3_OMEGA] January interim meeting

Colleagues,

As previously announced, we planned to resolve any comments received on the 2nd IEEE SA recirculation ballot on P802.3cz/D3.2 during the upcoming 802.3 January interim meeting series.  We received a new Disapprove ballot with two comments.  The draft stands at 97% approval after the close of the 2nd recirculation ballot on P802.3/D3.2.

The two new comments agreed with myProject comments #R1-24 and #R1-26 (1st recirculation ballot comments).  The new comments assert that our response to the original comments are technically wrong.  Mr. Law and i have been discussing with the voter the rules applicable to the Disapprove vote and the two MBS comments submitted.  Both Mr. Law and I agree that these two comments are out-of-scope for the 2nd recirculation ballot. (I can discuss the rules during the January teleconference to whatever level participants desire.)

Because we can make changes to the draft either in response to comments or for other reasons, we will take time to discuss the issues raised in the original comments and the additional points raised in the two new comments.  If there is anything else that should be discussed in our January 17 teleconference (https://www.ieee802.org/3/calendar.html), please let me know as soon as possible.

We currently have three options to take in January:

1.  Reject the new comments with responses, make no changes to the draft, and submit D3.2 to RevCom.

2.  Develop non-substantive suggested changes for the publication editor, and submit D3.2 and the suggested changes to RevCom.  (In this case the publication editor can choose to accept or ignore the suggested changes.)

3.  Make draft changes and conduct a recirculation ballot on D3.3.

I wish all of you good health, and a happy and productive 2023!

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, P802.3cz Multi-Gigabit Optical Automotive Ethernet (OMEGA) Task Force