[bp] 802.3 approves Backplane Ethernet PAR

Colleagues,

I am pleased to report that 802.3 voted to approve the PAR and forward it to the SEC and NesCom.  The motion:

802.3 WG approve the Backplane Ethernet PAR, as per par_0104.pdf, and forward the PAR to the 802 SEC and NesCom for approval (please consider for approval under continuous process).

TECHNICAL (75%)
Moved - A. Healey on behalf of the Study Group
Second - N/A
802.3 Voters (Y/N/A):  55/0/0
MOTION PASSES

Under continuous processing, there is a chance that our first Task Force meeting will be in May.  Even if this does not occur, we will still be meeting as a Study Group.  The meeting details are still being worked out, but it will take place the week of May 24 in either Monterey or Long Beach, CA.  Meeting details and a work plan will be posted as soon as they are available.

Thank you all for the great work.

Adam Healey
Chair, Backplane Ethernet Study Group