RE: [bp] 802.3 approves Backplane Ethernet PAR -- UPDATE

Colleagues,

I should also note that, on Friday, the Sponsor Executive Committee (SEC) approved:

1.  the Backplane Ethernet PAR and 5 Criteria
2.  the formation of a new Study Group to investigate rate control mechanisms (for example, enhancements to 802.3x PAUSE-based flow control).  More information on this new study group will follow.

The Backplane Ethernet PAR still needs to be approved by NesCom and the Standards Board, and we should have news of this in the May time-frame.

I have posted the unconfirmed agenda slides, meeting minutes and, for convenience, the opening and closing plenary reports for Backplane Ethernet at:

http://ieee802.org/3/bladesg/public/mar04/index.html

In addition, the updated SG documents (PAR, 5 Criteria, and Objectives) are now available at:

http://ieee802.org/3/bladesg/

Thank you,
-Adam