[BP] IEEE P802.3ap status update

Title: IEEE P802.3ap status update

Colleagues,

For those of you unable to attend the closing IEEE 802.3 plenary meeting last week, the IEEE 802.3 working group and IEEE 802 EC granted conditional approval to submit IEEE P802.3ap to RevCom.

The conditions for approval are the completion the next recirculation (Draft 3.2) with no new valid negative ballots or negative comments and that no substantive changes are made to Draft 3.2. If these conditions are met, the draft will be submitted by the February 9 pre-submission deadline and therefore will be on the agenda for the March 2007 IEEE-SA Standards Board meeting.

The P802.3ap editorial team is preparing Draft 3.2 for recirculation and this ballot is expected to open in early December. Those of you in the sponsor ballot pool will receive the ballot announcement via the usual means.

The proceedings of last week's meeting are posted and available for your review.

http://ieee802.org/3/ap/public/nov06/index.html

I want to offer my thanks to all of you who have contributed to development of the draft and helped the Task Force progress to this point.

Adam Healey
Chair, IEEE P802.3ap Task Force