Deadline for Submitting Presentations and Requesting
- The presenter shall request time by two Fridays preceding the meeting (AoE) of
the week preceding the meeting.
- Requests shall be submitted by sending an email to
- The presenter shall provide the following information:
- Name of presenter
- Title of presentation
- Length of time requested (this should include time
for questions and answers)
- Brief description of topic
- If the "requesting presentation time" deadline is
missed, time will be provided on a best-effort basis
following the completion of the regular agenda (or as
deemed appropriate by the chair). Presentations that
were requested on time, but submitted after the
submission deadline will be considered before late
Presentation Style Guidelines
- Failure to meet guidelines may result in a loss of
requested presentation time.
- Presentations must be submitted in PDF format.
Neither the chair nor the Web Master will convert
presentations to PDF format. Presentations not in
PDF format will be returned.
- Avoid graphic intensive backgrounds or other
- No animations, audio clips, video clips, etc.
- Presentation should be less then 2.0 MB.
- No marketing pitches, product pitches or corporate
- No pricing or costs are permitted. Relative costs are
permitted (i.e. option 1 is 3x the cost of option 2).
- No ASPs are permitted. Historical relative ASPs, based
on public sources, are permitted, but no forward-looking
relative ASPs are permitted.
- No company copyright or confidentiality
statements. All presentations are posted to a
publicly available web site. If the presentation
is not ready for public disclosure, then it should not
- To support the web site search tool used by the IEEE
P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the
PDF file must be completed as follows:
- Title :- Title of presentation
- Author :- Name(s) of author(s)
- Subject :- IEEE P802.3bz 2.5/5GBASE-T Task Force
Submitting a Presentation
- The presenter shall submit a PDF, soft-copy version of
the presentation, by e-mailing it to
This shall be done by TUESDAY of the week
preceding the meeting for publication to the IEEE P802.3bz Task Force website.
- If the "presentation submission" deadline is missed,
time will be provided on a best-effort basis following
the completion of the regular agenda (or as deemed
appropriate by the
chair). A PDF, soft-copy version of the
presentation shall be made available to
prior to the beginning of the presentation.
- Please use a consistent filename format. We will
be using the following format:
- initial submission:
if only one submission, x=2,3,4,... if multiple
- updates to original submission:
(where version v = a,b,c...)
- Example: nowell_3bz_01_0115.pdf with an
updated filename version of nowell_3bz_01a_0115.pdf
Document Information Fields
The 'Document Information' fields in a PDF file can be
entered as follows:
- Adobe Acrobat: Either use the menu options:
'File' -> 'Document Info' -> 'General' or the
- Adobe PDFWriter: When the 'Save PDF File As'
dialog appears hit the 'Edit Document Info.' button,
enter the information, and then hit the 'OK' button.
to the IEEE P802.3bz 2.5G/5GBASE-T Task Force Home
Last Update: 8 Apr 2015