[802.3_NGEPON] Comments against D2.0 and most of the proposed responses are uploaded

Dear 802.3ca Task Force members,

If you have not seen the announcement of the .3ca WG ballot closing and the voting results, you can see it here: http://www.ieee802.org/3/email_dialog/msg00932.html.

We have received a total of 497 comments against draft D2.0. 477 comments came from the balloters and 20 comments came unattached to any ballot. Of the received 497 comments, 27 comments were withdrawn by their authors before the closing of the ballot. These comments are marked as withdrawn and they do not need to be considered at the meeting.  (Some of these comments were against another project and mistakenly submitted under the .3ca ballot. ) The remaining 470 comments need to be resolved at the meeting. Below is the comment distribution by clause and by comment type:

Clause

ER

TR

Total per Clause

Front matter or whole draft

12

3

0

1

16

1

12

3

3

3

21

30

0

1

1

0

2

31A

1

0

0

0

1

45

29

2

2

4

37

56

11

1

5

1

18

67

0

0

0

1

1

141

27

6

31

13

77

142

39

5

25

26

95

142A

4

0

0

1

5

143

29

10

15

10

64

144

49

18

34

32

133

Total per type

213

49

116

92

470

The .3ca editor has provided the proposed responses to all the clauses, except the clause 141. The c141 responses will be published sometimes next week.

You will see several files in our Vienna meeting web portal:

·       802d3ca_D2_0_proposed_clause142.pdf â?? Editor's proposed responses for Clause 142

·       802d3ca_D2_0_proposed_clause143.pdf â?? Editor's proposed responses for Clause 143

·       802d3ca_D2_0_proposed_clause144.pdf â?? Editor's proposed responses for Clause 144

·       802d3ca_D2_0_proposed_rest.pdf â?? Editor's proposed responses for the rest of clauses

In addition, there is a file called 802d3ca_D2_0_proposed_consent.pdf. This file contains non-controversial, editorial comments, that the editor has placed on a â??consent agendaâ??.  Every TF member is asked to review these comments ahead of the meeting and let me or the editor know if they would like to take any of these comments off the consent agenda. The comments that remain on the consent agenda by the end of the meeting will be considered resolved as written in editorâ??s proposed response. All other comments will be individually discussed and resolved at the meeting.

As you can imagine, we will have a very busy meeting. We will not be able to generate draft 2.1 until every comment is resolved. Given the volume of comments, we can succeed resolving them during the July plenary only if everyone comes prepared. That means, you should review the comments, identify the ones where you disagree with the editorâ??s proposed response, and have your preferred solution ready ahead of the meeting.

Safe travels to all and see you in Vienna,

-Glen

(802.3ca Task Force vice chair)