From: Matt Traverso (mattrave) [mailto:mattrave@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 09 February 2017 01:47
To: STDS-802-3-50G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_50G] proposed agenda for February 8 ad hoc

Folks,

Thank you all for the feedback on traverso_020817_3cd_adhoc-v2 during the ad hoc call.

I took the following notes:

1) Add a slide to section 140.7.5 proposing a modification that the optical return loss in the channel used to measure TDECQ is 15.5 dB which is accordance with slide 5 of our ad hoc presentation

2) Table 140-8 Illustrative link power budget

- Lots of discussion, but the best suggestion in my opinion was to (a) point to section 140.10.2.2 for the channel insertion loss; (b) Insert a simple equation “Penalties = Power budget (5.6dB) – Channel Insertion loss” as the value for “Allocation for penalties” row

- I show this in the image below

3) Table 140-11 Channel characteristics

- Similar to other table, remove the “3 dB” and point to section 140.10.2.2 for the channel insertion loss

Are there other notes or comments?

I intend to update the presentation and upload to a future ad hoc.  I intend to submit a comment suggesting that the editor modify Clause 140 per the updated presentation.

feedback appreciated

--matt