Re: [802.3_10SPE] P802.3cg Draft 1.0 Development - Technical Content from Approved Baselines due November 20th

Thank you, Val.

I echo your compliments to the group.  I trust our editorial team will complement that work.  (sorry, I just couldn’t resist).  If there are any questions I can help with, please don’t hesitate to contact me as well.  Getting to draft 1.0 is a big deal for us.    The review we undertake in task force review should be designed to ring out the technical issues first and foremost (not that fixing editorial issues isn’t).  Our goal is getting to working group ballot.  That means “technically complete”.

To be technically complete, we need to vet out our direction and work to fill in the TBDs.  Remember, we have adopted ‘baselines’ – we need to work them, fill in and build consensus on the parts where we don’t have it yet, and adjust where necessary.

Hopefully on the next few months and our Geneva meeting will continue the great progress that we’ve had to date.

-george

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

Chair, IEEE P802.3cg 10 Mb/s Single Twisted Pair Ethernet Task Force

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

310-920-3860