[802.3_NGBIDI] IEEE P802.3cp Meeting at the March 2019 IEEE 802 Plenary

Dear P802.3cp participants,

The IEEE P802.3cp “Bidirectional 10, 25, and 50 Gb/s optical access PHYs” Task Force will be meeting the week of March 10, 2019 during the IEEE 802 Plenary Session being held in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Meeting details, hotel reservations and registration links are at the following URL: http://802world.org/plenary/. We will be meeting between 13:00 March 11 and Noon on March 12 at the Fairmont hotel Vancouver.  Please make your hotel reservations as soon as possible.  Please note that the schedule is arranged so that the management and optical access projects overlap in time, in the sequence 802.3.2, .3cp, .3cs, .ca.  Each group will not start until the previous group has finished AND its appointed start time has occurred. We’ve used this work-conserving scheduler in the past to good effect.

The agenda of the meeting will continue to focus on the development of baseline proposals for the bidirectional PHYs.  This includes selecting which clauses we shall use as draft starting points, the necessary parameter changes to the PMD layers (e.g., wavelength, power levels, etc), and how to describe Silent Start operation. Anyone wishing to present, please provide the following information (per the Procedure for Presenters web page: http://www.ieee802.org/3/cp/public/presentproc.html):

- Name of presenter;

- Title of presentation;

- Length of time requested (this should include time for questions and answers); and

- Brief description of topic.

I encourage individuals to use the Task Force reflector to socialize your contribution ideas and perhaps gather collaborators / supporters.  If you need any help in this regard, I would be happy to connect people of similar interest. For the March Plenary meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to me and must be made by March 1st, 2019. The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to me by March 7, 2019.

Furthermore, it seems that we are getting ready to start our draft. I plan to nominate Mr. Duane Remein as the lead editor for our project.  If there are others who have interest in helping with that work, please contact me and we can work to find a workable arrangement.

As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email. All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.

All individuals submitting presentations should review the Procedures for Presenters Page, noted above. I would greatly appreciate presenters reviewing their own presentations to verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines.

Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

Title: Title of presentation

Author: Name(s) of author(s)

Subject: IEEE P802.3cs Increased-reach Ethernet optical subscriber access (Super-PON) Task Force

As a reminder to the group, we are a contribution driven organization. It should not be assumed by anyone that work will just get done without contributions to drive it. Areas not moving forward will be brought to the attention of the Task Force for consideration on how to address them.

I look forward to a productive session in Vancouver.

Sincerely,

Frank Effenberger, VP fixed access networks lab, Futurewei Technologies

Chair IEEE P802.3cp Bidirectional 10, 25, and 50 Gb/s Optical Access PHYs Task Force

Rapporteur ITU-T Q2/15 Optical Access Networks Question

For urgent matters, contact sophie.johnson1@xxxxxxxxxx