[STDS-802-3-NGBIDI] Reminders and updates.

Just a friendly reminder to everybody: Please submit your comments against draft 1.1 of 802.3cp by 4 Jan (AOE).

Also, if anybody would like to make a presentation at our meeting, please try to let me know by Jan 9 of the title, approximate time, presenter, etc.  And give me the presentation by Jan 16.

And finally, a follow-up on the idea raised at our last conference call, to study pmd’s that operate over 2km links (or shorter).

David Law confirms that this is outside of our task force’s scope, and therefore should go through a complete CFI process.

The earliest that CFI could happen is at the March meeting, and it would need to be announced in February.

Hence, Mr. Tartaglia and other interested parties might try to organize a consensus building meeting, potentially during the January meeting.

Sincerely,

Frank Effenberger