Re: [802.3_DWDM] IEEE P802.3cw Optical Crosstalk Ad hoc 02 Dec 2020 Material uploaded

Peter,

All I am trying to do is understand 😊

I understand and agree that G.698.2 is basically talking about single-channel optical interfaces and often refers to “….. for single-channel connection (SS and RS) between transmitters (Tx) and receivers (Rx).”

This  is aligned with the term “DWDM Channel” that we  defined in 3ct/3cw.

The only other point I was trying to make is that in Figure 5-1, the light grey box is labelled  “DWDM link”, which would appear to be the aggregate of ALL of the “single-channel connection (SS and RS) between transmitters (Tx) and receivers (Rx)”.  This is clearly different to the definition of “DWDM link” we came up with in 3ct/3cw.

I think what you are telling me is that I am reading too much into the wording “DWDM link” inside the light grey box in Figure 5-1 ?

Gary