From: Gary Nicholl (gnicholl) <gnicholl@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: יום ב 05 יוני 2023 17:48
To: Leon Bruckman <leon.bruckman@xxxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-3-DWDM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ofelt@xxxxxxxxxxx; jmaki@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Link degrade - Comment #246

Leon,

I made some updates in the attached.

I think basically the FEC degrade signaling should be identical to that for 400GbE as described in Clause 116, 118 and 119, with the following exceptions:

  • PCS (local degrade) : am_sf<1>  is replaced by STAT<7>
  • PCS (remote degrade): am_sf<2> is replaced by STAT<6>

I split your slide 2 into two new slides (slide 3 and 4 in the attached) to separate the local and remote degrade signaling as was done in Clause 116 (see Figure 116-7 and Figure 116-8)

I also cc’ed Dave and Jeff who were heavily involved with the definition of FEC degrade signaling in 3bs,  to make sure I didn’t miss something !

Gary