From: Tom Huber (Nokia) <tom.huber@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: יום ב 05 יוני 2023 23:48
To: Leon Bruckman <leon.bruckman@xxxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-3-DWDM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: comments 103, 182, and 190

Hi Leon,

I think we’re almost there…

The text has to be clear that figure 155-5 is not just a simple deconstruction of the 1280-bit field in figure 155-4.  Because the encoding of the information elements into the 1280-bit field is complicated, the intent of figure 155-5 and the text in clauses 155.2.5.5.[1-3] is to explain the information elements of the overhead as if they are a separate, standalone frame structure; clause 155.2.5.5.4 then explains how that structure is encoded into the 1280-bit OH field shown in figure 155-4.  As such, we have to be careful not to overload the term ‘OH field’ by using it to refer to both the 1280-bit field in figure 155-4 and the elements in the frame in figure 155-5.

Taking a quick search through the draft:

  • In the last paragraph of 155.2.2, both occurrences should be changed to OH field
  • The text in list item 3 under figure 155-4 should be changed to say “The next 1280 bits carry overhead as described in 155.2.5.5.”
  • In list item 4 under figure 155-4, “OH fields” should be changed to “OH field”
  • 155.2.5.4 is fine – the sentence is “The AM, pad, and OH fields are populated…”, so it’s those 3 fields (AM, pad, OH) of the frame that are being discussed
  • As noted above, the title of 155.2.5.5, the text in the first paragraph, and the caption for figure 155-5 need to be revised.
  • Likewise the text in 155.2.5.5.4 needs to be revised
  • The last two paragraphs of 155.2.6.7 likely need some revisions
  • 155.2.6.7.1 needs to be updated

If we are aligned on the general principle here, I can propose more specific text changes.

Regards,

Tom