[802.3AZ] 802.3az update

Dear colleagues,

We had a productive meeting last week.  All comments against Draft 2.1 were considered and the editorial team has been directed to produce Draft 2.2 of P802.3az.  The quality of the Draft is improving but it still needs work.  I have tasked the 10GBASE-T Ad-hoc to complete a proposal to improve link fault detection and recovery.  Gavin Parnaby is chair of the Ad-hoc and will send a schedule for meetings soon.  The Task Force agreed to insert an editor's note to reference this effort.  The proposal and related work will be posted in Ad-hoc Meeting Materials web pages, but the FrameMaker file will be posted in our private web pages.  I will send the exact location as soon as materials have been posted.

The schedule for Draft 2.2 is as follows:

WG Recirc D2.2 Opens
12/22/2009
WG Recirc D2.2 Closes
1/11/2010
Proposed responses posted
1/20/2010
January Interim begins
1/25/2010

Thanks to our editors for their hard work in producing Draft 2.1 and comment proposed comment responses.  Also thanks to those who reviewed and provided comments against Draft 2.1.

We are approaching the sponsor ballot phase of the project (March 2010).  You may find information regarding joining the sponsor ballot pool here: http://www.ieee802.org/3/rules/member.html (lower half of the page).

The meeting minutes have been posted.

Best regards,

Mike

--
Michael J. Bennett
Chair, IEEE P802.3az, Energy Efficient Ethernet Task Force