[EFM] a question about frame passing from MAC to MAC client in receiver

Title: [EFM] a question about frame passing from MAC to MAC client in receiver

Hi, all,

I'm a new subscriber to this email exploder and I'm going to participate in March meeting.
I have a question. Is it true that Ethernet MAC has two different behavior for shared medium(half duplex) case and point to point (full duplex) case?

I heard from one of our team member that in shared medium case, the MAC layer discards the frame with destination address different from the MAC address of itself, and in point to point link case, the MAC passes the frame to MAC client regardless of the fact the DA matches or not leaving the frame passing or discarding job to the MAC client layer. That is - filtering occurs at MAC layer in shared media case, and filtering occurs in MAC client (or bridge protocol layer) in point to point link case.

If this two different behavior is correct, where can I find it in the specification?
Thanks in advance.

Chan Kim