RE: (corrected) Re: [EFM] RE: OAM Transport Proposal

At 03:55 PM 4/23/2002 -0700, Jonathan Thatcher wrote:
>I'm a bit confused by your append here an could use an explanation.
>
>When you say "First, Preamble handler is located in RS layer (  RS layer
>is strictly a part of PHY )
>which has the  high-speed control  interface  ( common to MAC and above
>)," can you provide the reference in the existing standard to the high
>speed control interface that you are talking about utilizing? Do we need
>to change the MAC? Will this be referenced by the MIB? How?

Using David's slide in Sep2001: please look at the page 4 of
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/efm/public/sep01/law_1_0901.pdf
I refer the green line  between management entity and MAC/RS,
"Pervasive access", which is not part of 802.3 standard.