[EFM] P802.3ah Recirculation Ballot Results

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD Working Group
and the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force,

I am pleased to report that the IEEE 802.3 Working Group
recirculation ballot on IEEE Draft P802.3ah/D2.1 has
closed, with the following results:

Voters      211
Returns     116   55%
Approve      89   81%
Disappprove  21
Abstain       6    5%

Having met the return rate and approval rate requirements,
the working group ballot thus stands approved.

We received 560 new comments on D2.1. Of these, there are
79 Technical Required comments, 208 Technical comments, and
273 Editorial comments.  A preliminary report containing each
of these comments can be obtained at the following URL:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/comments/d2_1/D2_1_prelim_report.pdf

You will note that this report also contains 78 unresolved negative
comments from the initial working group ballot. These unresolved
negative comments are numbered beginning with the sequence 99000,
and were included in the recirculation ballot.

Please review the preliminary report before the upcoming meeting
in Albuquerque.  Your editors and sub task force chairs are hard at
work producing proposed responses to each of the comments, which will
be offered for your consideration at the meeting. Our sub task forces
will work to resolve the comments on Tuesday, November 11 and Wednesday,
November 12. The full task force will meet Thursday morning, November
13.

I look forward to seeing you in Albuquerque.

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force