|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
Meeting notes, May 18th Teleconference
Prepared by John D’Ambrosia
John D’Ambrosia, Force10 (Chair)
Adam Healey, LSI
Nathan Tracy, Tyco
John Patron, Avago
Chris DiMinico, MC Communications
Robert Coenen, Reflex Photonics
Mike Dudek, QLogic
Jeff Maki, Juniper
Piers Dawe, IPtronics
Marco Mazzini, Cisco
Vittal Balasubramanian, FCI
Andreas Lenkisch, Pentair
Steve Trowbridge, Alcatel Lucent
Rick Rabinovich, Alcatel Lucent
Paul Kolesar, Commscope
Andre Szczepanek, Inphi
Iain Robertson, TI
Galen Fromm, Molex
Dan Rausch, Avago
Pirooz Tooyserkani, Cisco
Beth Donnay, Force10
Greg McSorley, Amphenol
Joel Goergen, Cisco
Patent Policy link shown. Call for patents done – no one stepped forward.
Reminder to sign up for Dialog Reflector. (Please see http://www.ieee802.org/3/dialog_reflector.html if you are not signed up yet.
John D’Ambrosia showed dambrosia_01_0510 as introduction to call.
Nathan Tracy gave tracy_01_0510.
· Assumptions made for channel simulations are acceptable for connector evaluations.
· Question was asked if backwards compatibility for QSFP is achievable.
· References back to distances presented in nichol_01_0708 ( see http://www.ieee802.org/3/ba/public/jul08/nicholl_01_0708.pdf)
· Group agreed that 4” on the host is the minimum host distance that should be considered.
· Discussion regarding a common pluggable interface for copper / optics
o Desirable, but
§ Costs – port density? Power related to equalization?
§ Architecture – timed vs retimed
o Discussion regarding 3m for cu reach
· Discussion regarding timed vs retimed interfaces
o Per Mike Dudek for @16G FC
§ Fully retimed for 850nm optics
§ Partially retimed for 1310nm optics
o Use of retimers – cost in terms of power?
Next meeting will be June 29, 11:00am to 1pm Eastern. (Invitation to be sent out).
Tenatively, the ad hoc will meet Tues, July 13 (IEEE Plenary week) from 7 pm to 9pm Pacific.