Re: [802.3_DIALOG] Hugh's News

I met Hugh for the first time during the May 2008 interim meeting in Munich. This was my first 802.3 meeting and I didn't know anybody. I attended 802.3ba and 802.3az discussions, and Hugh was a prominent figure in both; his name was one of the few I remembered after that meeting.

One of the saddest thoughts I had after receiving the shocking news about Hugh was that I will never hear his voice again. And then I thought that it's a pity that we don't have recordings or even transcripts of our meetings. Hugh's comments at the microphone could definitely be compiled to a book full of wisdom and seasoned with humour. (yes, spellchecker, with a "u"! This is Hugh I'm talking about!)

Thanks to Scott's provided link I could listen to Hugh one more time. Hearing his first sentence in his first slide made me smile again… and his description of what Ethernet is and how it became so successful was clear and professional. This was Hugh, at his best, as usual.

I am grateful for having had the chance to work alongside Hugh in 802.3bj. I will cherish my memories of him.

Adee