Re: [802.3_DIALOG] Celebrating Hugh Barrass

For those that missed the announcement in the opening plenary I just
wanted to let you know that a number of us are getting together this
evening to celebrate Hugh’s life.

We are not planning a big formal event, as they wouldn’t be Hugh. Instead
the plan is to have an informal gathering tonight (Monday) at the The
Field Irish Pub on 5th and Market, any time after 9pm and raise a few
pints in Hugh’s memory. This is the bar we often ended up in with Hugh,
whenever in San Diego.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Field+Irish+Pub/@32.711035,-117.16033
6,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x80d95359bffa9179:0x57d33d61715aff1b

Unfortunately there is a big conference in town this week and so the bar
might be a little busy. John and I talked to the manager yesterday to see
if we could reserve their upstairs room, but she given the conference
wasn’t able to commit at this point. So we will likely start at the main
bar downstairs (which is where we used to drink with Hugh anyway), and if
the upstairs room clears out later in the evening we may move the party up
there.

Gary