[802.3_DIALOG] IEEE 802.3 CFI Consensus Building for "Single Pair PHY 1000 meter"

Dear Colleagues:

I wanted to let everyone know that a number of people have started preliminary discussions that would lead towards having a Call-for-Interest (CFI) on the topic of "Single Pair PHY 1000 meter" at a future plenary meeting of 802.3.  If anyone is interested in helping and contributing to prepare this CFI, please let me know or talk to me in Bonita Springs. If you have had indicated your interest, then I will share with you an initial slide set and I will organize Web-Meetings preparing the CFI. I would like to see the CFI during the upcoming Dallas plenary but let’s discuss the right timing.

This new project can be seen in principle as a follow up of IEEE P802.3bw 100BASE-T1 and IEEE P802.3bu 1-Pair Power over Data Lines (PoDL) with longer reaches up to 1000m.

Don’t use this reflector for further detailed discussions on this topic, only if this would be of the interest of all 802.3 subscribers.

Regards,

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With best regards,
Ludwig Winkel

Mail: Siemens AG , PD TI FC
        Oestliche Rheinbrueckenstr.
50
        76187 Karlsruhe, Germany
Tel.: +49 721 595-6098
Mobile: +49 172 6132658
mailto:ludwig.winkel@xxxxxxxxxxx

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme; Managing Board: Joe Kaeser, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich, Hermann Requardt, Siegfried Russwurm, Ralf P. Thomas; Registered offices: Berlin and Munich, Germany; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322