[802.3_DIALOG] Call for interest - 10Mb/s Backplane Ethernet
- To: STDS-802-3-DIALOG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [802.3_DIALOG] Call for interest - 10Mb/s Backplane Ethernet
- From: "Law, David" <dlaw@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 08:21:20 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of dlaw@xxxxxxx designates 22.214.171.124 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=dlaw@xxxxxxx
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:spamdiagnosticmetadata :spamdiagnosticoutput:content-language:accept-language:message-id :date:thread-index:thread-topic:subject:cc:to:from :arc-authentication-results; bh=mdzymaKFR5Qs1uuzZCRNGnBQeabusvD2GTbzIrf6RRs=; b=fQtAjF5QcOfr5pcvs7+xGE1kDzO5yCNMFcxmggF5KtRttnWZBRqmyAMoK4+0jxVeoN pO5FOs8j18AtrejLUcPEDciUFzCkReM7NjBJUnJhNaj3P+DKNDSYAGibr5mFyHNT9r1m FuTZjO8CjpQp3eWN0BATIUpvfbWN85LuWmRYo26Rg4usRaO+LDw/99dsL3+Bs6AogWR8 JaGW7kUax+rdyGgyvNAaQfnbeuBiok7dP8f2WkqjnD/CQcQVHK2D010RlNu9GAYJbpCY LaEzOmtzh/WBI2vgZlC+GV2XDAN0I2q58W9Pzl+HFVkt1JkQBxLUWg+csYOg2m7ufa5c nmug==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1506932487; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=QhXOChR1oSXrsNwWikF2EWoNeDNZ/2enljDT2i1jT2kwshuxuRekML2gQo+xie61CJ 8ofYBtj7gMyaz8HPwKPGEuBdEUdHQzKJ6LWyZg8mGu+9Abxtq9Sr0QoCf6WvDJAyvG67 eNH92bpVokZpABcbgma1PBp9Rx2joRHd1PHoAEMQl8Moq+wyULMYeVyHtxfrJRRnTLFp WPcTEAIGg8Y9ppFLYGwNhypnXsSmY8Mu4UKpVApphWRM3Bnt5KGGFSL1d83TbeL4ujqB vtEk1v1/ZxJiJILGtj/KNxF6FqaNApiyz6qPhMCIyBVN8pFIh/4hvgngPjrCsWsEpkED /HMw==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-3-DIALOG>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-3-DIALOG>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-3-DIALOG-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-3-DIALOG-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-3-DIALOG-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- Reply-to: "Law, David" <dlaw@xxxxxxx>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
- Thread-index: AdM7V2CRs17C4dpHQem3aoz2rd2LTw==
- Thread-topic: Call for interest - 10Mb/s Backplane Ethernet
The following request for agenda time for a call for interest has been received from Jon Lewis. It will be discussed at the IEEE 802 LMSC November 2017 Plenary meeting in Orlando, FL, USA. If you have any questions please get in touch with either Jon Lewis <jon.lewis@xxxxxxxx> or myself directly.
Over the past few years, the IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group has initiated several projects chartered with developing new Ethernet solutions for single pair applications at various rates including 100 Mb/s, 1 Gb/s, and 10 Mb/s. The focus of these efforts has been solutions addressing reaches ranging from 15 m (automotive), 40 m (1 Gb/s industrial) up to 1000 m (10 Mb/s Industrial). There is an emerging need to provide 10 Mb/s Ethernet for intra-system management and control over backplane media. This Call for Interest is to request the formation of a study group to explore the addition of backplane media to the development of single pair 10 Mb/s Ethernet.
The call for interest will take place during the IEEE 802.3 Opening Plenary on the morning of Monday 6th November. A call for interest consensus building meeting has been scheduled to occur from 18:00 to 18:45 on the evening of Tuesday 7th November. The vote to determine if a Study Group will be formed will take place at the IEEE 802.3 Closing Plenary on the afternoon of Thursday 9th November.
David Law, Chair, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
Phone: +44 1631 563729