[802.3_DIALOG] Jonathan King RIP

Dear Fellow Engineers,

Heartbreaking we lost him so soon, just like his mentor Richard Epworth.  Life is not fair.  He was my first boss at BNR/Nortel and the best.  He had this crazy idea for chirp measurement of lasers when I joined as new grad and put me on it and led me to some interesting work (it’s been downhill ever since).  Super smart, a great leader and friend and transformational leader before that became a thing that we appreciate as being a great quality.  I was trying to headhunt him away from Finisar before he passed (as I was Bill Ryall at Cisco before he passed, I must stop doing that).  He also gave me shit for being an idiot in life but unfortunately I only listened to him at work.  Free _expression_ dancing, health freak (was always pumping iron at Nortel Harlow) it is not fair we lose the best first sometimes.  Love and condolences to his family and friends.

Ross