[802.3_DIALOG] Liaison from ITU-T : Bi-directional optics, access , 100G, 200G, 400G

Title: Liaison from ITU-T : Bi-directional optics, access , 100G, 200G, 400G

All,

I spoke to Mr. Law this morning and he has requested that the IEEE P802.3df Task Force consider the following liaison from the ITU-T:

https://www.ieee802.org/3/minutes/nov21/incoming/SG15-LS331_Redacted.pdf.  We have been asked to bring back a proposed response to the WG at the Jan Interim.

While the particular topic is not within the scope of our Task Force, it is believed that our TF has the necessary optical expertise.  Any individuals interested in helping generate a proposed response for the TF to consider at its Jan Interim meetings are invited to contact me.

Regards,

John DAmbrosia

Acting Chair, IEEE P802.3df Task Force