[HSSG] November Meeting Goals and Request for Presentations

Dear HSSG Members,

First, I want to thank each of you for contributing to the successful study group meeting that we held in September.  Our next meeting will be during the IEEE 802 plenary (week of November 12).  Meeting details may be found at:

http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/index.html

I suggest that you make your hotel reservations as soon as possible since rooms tend to go fast.

The HSSG will be meeting all day Tuesday, all day Wednesday, and Thursday morning (November 14 -16). Anyone wishing to present, please submit your request per the guidelines that may be found at the Procedure for Presenters web page: http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/hssg/public/presentproc.html.

This meeting will be a continuation of the effort started at the last interim.  Presentations on the following areas would be highly recommended:
·                Objectives for the Study Group
o        Rate Proposals
o        Reach Proposals
o        Other features that might be included in the Objectives
·                Refinement of Project Scope
·                Broad Market Potential (as part of the 5 criteria)
·                Economic Feasibility (as part of the 5 criteria)
·                Technical Feasibility (as part of the 5 criteria)

Presentation requests and materials are due to me by Wednesday November 8.  To assist in meeting planning earlier requests and / or submissions are appreciated.

I look forward to seeing you in Dallas.

Thank you,
John D’Ambrosia

Chair, Higher Speed Study Group