[802.3BA] July Plenary Meeting Presentations Uploaded

Dear Task Force Members,

Presentations for the July Plenary Meeting of the IEEE 802.3ba Task Force have been uploaded to the Task Force website.  Please see http://www.ieee802.org/3/ba/public/jul08/index.htm.

The Task Force will be meeting Tuesday through Thursday.  The meetings will begin each day at 8:00am.  Tuesday and Wednesday we will end at 6pm.  Thursday, we will end at noon.  Please review the agenda for further details:  http://www.ieee802.org/3/ba/public/jul08/agenda_01_0708.pdf.

As noted on the reflector, Mike Bennett, Chair of the IEEE P802.3az Energy Efficient Task Force, will be providing our task force with an update on EEE.  The presentation will be at approximately 4pm on Wednesday.

The agenda for the meeting will be baseline proposal selection, which will be used to drive the generation of a baseline.  Remaining proposals to be adopted include: PMA, XLAUI / CAUI, PMD Service Interface, 40G / 100G over > 10m Cu Cabling, and 40G over > 10km SMF.  In addition the Extended Reach Parallel MMF Ad Hoc has been considering ways to formulate a proposal to extend the reach over parallel multimode fiber beyond 100m.  The goal for this week will be to complete the baseline proposal selection process, as we progress towards the generation and adoption of D1.0 in September.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Denver, and wish everyone safe travels.

Best Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3ba “40Gb/s and 100 Gb/s Ethernet” Task Force

jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx