[802.3BA] Ad Hoc - Response to OIF Liaison Regarding OIF-CEI-28G-VSR

Dear IEEE 802.3 Working Group Members,

As discussed at the closing 802.3 WG Plenary in March, an ad hoc was formed by the WG Chair, David Law, to provide a more detailed response to the liaison sent by the OIF, which included document oif.2010.092.03.  This liaison provided a technical document regarding initial thoughts on the OIF CEI-28G-VSR project, which is targeting 25G to 28G electrical signaling for chip-to-module interfaces.  It was felt in March that additional time would be needed to consider to formulate a more detailed response to the OIF.  I have been assigned by Mr. Law to chair this ad hoc.

Reference URLs:

1.       OIF Liaison - http://www.ieee802.org/3/minutes/mar10/0310_OIF_to_802_3_2.pdf

2.       oif2010.092.03.pdf – see http://www.ieee802.org/3/minutes/mar10/oif2010.092.03.pdf

3.       Proposed Response (approved by the 802.3 WG, with editorial license granted to chair) – see http://www.ieee802.org/3/ba/public/mar10/dambrosia_01a_0310.pdf

I would like to hold the first call on Thursday, April 15 at 10:30am Eastern Time.  My plan is to hold two other calls, one in May, another in June, and then to meet at the July Plenary to finalize the proposed ad hoc response, before presenting it at the closing 802.3 WG Plenary.

Please email me if you are interested in participating.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia