Objet:   Re: Discovery process
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:07:56 -0700
De:  "Geoff Thompson" <gthompso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A:  verger <verger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Copies à:  stds-802-3-pwrviamdi@xxxxxxxx, Raymond Gass
<raymond.gass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Gérard-
This issue was discussed in committee. The decision was that:
         1) If the "discovery characteristic" was found then power would

            be sent
        2) For a device to KEEP the ability to draw power without
            restarting discovery there would be a requirement for the
            load to draw a minimum amount of power (5 ma was
            mentioned) over the link.

 Geoff