RE: Discovery process

Gérard,

I am not sure that the two are mutually exclusive.

Geoff has talked about having an LED at a powered wall
plate to indicate that power is available. With the "diode
detection" I have proposed, that LED would be powered by
the detector during its normal process and would blink
constantly at a very low rate.

The LED would not impact the function of the diode detector
because it would allow a high forward and reverse voltage
which would not impact detection. If you recall, it was the
clamping action of a forward biased schottky diode that
enabled detection by limiting the voltage to < 1.5v when
forward biased.

Once power was applied, that LED (there could be two in
opposing polarities so that the LED would go on constant when
power is applied regardless of polarity) would draw < 10mA.

So you could set the requirement of the PDTE to draw 20-30mA
so that it is possible to ensure detection of a removal of the
PDTE when the current draw drops below 20mA.

Regards,

Dan Dove
___________     _________________________________________________________
_________    _/    ___________  Daniel Dove         Principal Engineer __