Re: [RE] Focus of discussions

From what I've observed (from some of the standards efforts with which I've
been involved), the greater risk is getting so interested in the engineering
as to neglect the application(s) and produce a solution that does not
address any real need i.e. solution-looking-for-a-problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-stds-802-3-re@listserv.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-3-re@listserv.ieee.org] On Behalf Of John Grant
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 6:16 AM
To: STDS-802-3-RE@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [RE] Focus of discussions

It wasn't meant to be. I was looking for guidance from those who are more
familiar with the way IEEE802 does things than I am. (My experience of
standardisation is mostly with ISO/IEC and AES.) I suppose I'm really asking
whether there's a danger that 802 might can the project if we got so
interested in the engineering that we forgot to tick all the procedural
boxes.