Re: [RE] CE applications (was: RE: [RE] Focus of discussions)

Kevin:
So we should discuss this but first my question to you is what is your definition of
"work" and what are the measurable parameters?  Do you mean at the transport layer i.e.
packet loss etc.?  The DLNA is struggling with this issue right now for video streaming
because arguably it works sometimes.  To them the issue of import is QoE which is a
subjective measure.  Now they are considering the end to end issues that includes more
than just .3, but I hold that we must work on .3 first.
Advise,
Richard

"Gross, Kevin" wrote:

> <DC>
> We need to
> precisely showcase CE applications that do not work with current .3
> standards. We have not done that in the CFI - in fact we pledged we
> would do so in the SG (see CFI slide on study items).
> </DC>
>
> This is central. I would like to see it discussed on this reflector.
begin:vcard
n:Brand;Richard C.
tel;work:(408) 495 2462 : ESN 265 2462
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Advanced Technology
adr:;;4655 Great America Pkway;Santa Clara;Ca.;95054;
version:2.1
email;internet:rbrand@Nortelnetworks.com
title:Director, Network Architecture & Applications
fn:Richard C. Brand
end:vcard