Re: [RE] Video question

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 17:07, Gross, Kevin wrote:
> NTSC: ~200Mbit
> 720i HDTV: 0.8Gbit
> 720p HDTV: 1.4Gbit <- US HDTV broadcast (de facto) standard
> 1080i HDTV: 1.9Gbit

Considering NBC and CBS transmit 1080i over the air (as well as
a number of cable/satellite stations, e.g. DiscoveryHD), I wouldn't
consider 720p to be a US HDTV broadcast standard, de facto or
otherwise.

And since we're talking about a connection between decoder and
display, 1080p should also be considered as there are a number
of 1080p products coming on the market soon.

-Dennis