Re: [RE] [802.1] Mail reflectors for Congestion Management and Residential Bridging

Dan,

I'm not the one in charge, but let me try to
answer as much some of your questions based
on my perceptions.

The Residential Ethernet reflector has been:
  STDS-802-3-RE@listserv.ieee.org

The is migrating to:
  STDS-802-1-L@listserv.ieee.org

However, during the migration some of use are continuing to
use the old reflector, due to:
1) Bad habits: we have always done so.
2) Policy concerns: In previous months (years?), some folks
     have communicate strong constraints-on-use policies for
     802 reflectors. So, some of us are gunshy.

I suspect that (1) will be solved over time.
On the topic of (2), a refresh of the usage statement would be
helpful. If we are now allowed to propose/coordinate informal
open get-togethers on the 802-1-L reflector, the need for
separate reflectors might disappear.

DVJ