RE: [802SEC] CD-ROM Duties

Bob-

At 06:12 PM 8/28/01 -0700, Bob O'Hara wrote:

My intent in starting this discussion was not to skip out on creation of the
CD-ROM, but to determine if the CD-ROM is truly worthwhile, any longer.
Certainly I would not have a problem with F2F or anyone else producing the
disc under contract, I really have enough to do in my real job.  However I
do believe that with big hard drives, fast internet connections,

Not everybody has fast internet connections yet.
I guess that  means that we keep doing CD-ROMs til Ethernet in the First Mile gets deployed

and CD-RW drives, nearly everyone (not just the voting members) has the ability to
create their own version of the CD-ROM without the SEC getting into the
middle of it.

 -Bob (too)

Geoff