Re: [802SEC] November Meeting Networking

From: "Paul Nikolich" <paul.nikolich@worldnet.att.net>
To: <j.carlo@ieee.org>, "IEEE802" <stds-802-sec@ieee.org>,
   "'Tim Godfrey'" <tgodfrey@intersil.com>
Subject: Re: [802SEC] November Meeting Networking
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 18:29:26 -0500

All,

I just received a phone call from Tim Godfrey.  He is taking on the
responsibility for turning up the wireless network at the Hyatt for the
November Plenary.  He has received a quote from Core Networks, Hyatt's
network services supplier, for $4100.  That will cover a T1 connection,
static IP address, and the maintainence and monitoring of the network for
the week.  Tim will still have to deploy the 802 access points throughout
the meeting room space on his own.  Tim recommends that 802 consider
contracting Core Networks to provide networking services at future 802
meetings if they do a good job this meeting--I think that makes sense.

Bob O'Hara, please put Tim on the Mon AM SEC meeting agenda for 5 minutes to
review the status of the network and the Core Networks services.

Tim, excellent work.  Thanks for picking up the ball on this task.  .

--Paul