[802SEC] Procedure 10 report on P802.3ae/D3.4
Colleagues of the Exec
Per Procedure 10 I am reporting to you on the progress of P802.3ae/D3.4,
final WG Ballot recirc before moving on to LMSC Sponsor Ballot.
1. The ballot cover letter shall include the following statement:
"This ballot is being conducted under the procedure for conditional
approval of the IEEE 802 Operating Rules (add the exact reference and the
current IEEE 802 Operating Rule URL here)."
This was done
2. Confirmation ballot is completed. Generally, the confirmation ballot
and resolution should occur in accordance with the schedule presented at
the time of conditional approval.
Confirmation Ballot closed on Monday, December 3
3. After resolution of the confirmation ballot is completed, the approval
percentage is at least 75% and there are no new DISAPPROVE votes.
The APPROVAL percentage is 99.5%
There are no new DISAPPROVE votes after the resolution of comment
4. No technical changes, as determined by the Working Group Chair, were
made as a result of the confirmation ballot.
I find that the changes are minor editorial.
5. No new valid DISAPPROVE comments on new issues that are not resolved
to the satisfaction of the submitter from existing DISAPPROVE
This condition has been met.
6. If the Working Group Chair determines that there is a new invalid
DISAPPROVE comment or vote, the Working Group Chair shall promptly
provide details to the SEC.
Does not apply.
7. The Working Group Chair shall immediately report the results of the
ballot to the SEC including: the date the ballot closed, vote tally and
comments associated with any remaining disapproves (valid and invalid),
the Working Group responses and the rationale for ruling any vote
The purpose of this e-mail is to satisfy this requirement.
The ballot closed at Midnight PST on December 3
The vote report:
The final comment report is attached.
- The following is the status of the ballot and comments from
- Ballots: 186 Approve, 1 Disapprove, 49 Abstain
- Return rate: 80.6%
- Approval rate: 99.5%
- Abstain rate: 20.8%
- Comments: 27 new, 2 unresolved TRs that were recirculated and remain
unresolved TRs gathered no new comments
- Editorial: 22 comments (16 accepted, 4 rejected, 2 withdrawn)
- Technical: 5 comments (all withdrawn)
- TR: remain unresolved
The recirculated unresolved negatives are on the right side of page
I believe that this satisfies the entire requirement.
We intend to open Sponsor Ballot today, Friday, December 7, 2001.
| Geoffrey O. Thompson |
| Chair IEEE 802.3 |
| Nortel Networks, Inc. M/S SC5-02 |
| 4401 Great America Parkway |
| P. O. Box 58185 |
| Santa Clara, CA 95052-8185 USA |
| Phone: +1 408 495 1339 |
| Fax: +1 408 495 5615 |
| E-Mail: email@example.com |
| Please see the IEEE 802.3 web page at |
| To download your FREE copy of Std. IEEE 802.3 |