Re: [802SEC] Re: Let's Make a Deal For Everyone to do January 2004in Vancouver !!!
- To: Bob Heile <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [802SEC] Re: Let's Make a Deal For Everyone to do January 2004in Vancouver !!!
- From: Mike Takefman <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:09:54 -0400
- CC: "Rigsbee, Everett O" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, 802 Bob Grow<email@example.com>, 802 Geoff Thompson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, 802 Howard Frazier <email@example.com>, 802 P Nikolich<firstname.lastname@example.org>, 802 Tony Jeffree <email@example.com>, "802 StuartJ. Kerry" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "802 @F2F Dawn S"<email@example.com>, Darcel Moro<firstname.lastname@example.org>, "802 @F2F Jennifer Hull"<email@example.com>, 802 Bill Quackenbush<firstname.lastname@example.org>, 802 Exec <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020823
I am also fine with it. You really want to ping Howard though.
Bob Heile wrote:
> This is fine with me. It is up to the wired guys whether we want to
> make this an interim plenary or not. Could be kinda fun.
> Bob H.
> At 07:01 PM 8/15/2003 -0700, Rigsbee, Everett O wrote:
>> Colleagues, During our closing meeting in SF I was asked to explore
>> the possibilities of allowing the Wired Folks (802.1, 802.3, and
>> 802.17) to join the Wireless Folks for the January 11-16, 2004 Interim
>> in Vancouver, BC. After several weeks of looking at various
>> alternatives to have a workable solution, I believe we have come up
>> with an arrangement that does the job for an 802-hosted interim for
>> all who care to partake.
>> Here's the essence of the deal and why I think it works the best for
>> all concerned:
>> First some facts:
>> 1. The Wireless Group is really too big for Fairmont VCR but had
>> kindly volunteered to jam in there to help with the attrition penalty
>> from July 2002.
>> 2. The Wired guys did Fairmont Vancouver last January and it was just
>> perfect for them.
>> So the deal hinges on the fact that we can get full access to Hyatt
>> Regency Vancouver for the same week, and I've been told we can get
>> that if we can act right now. So we can do all the Wireless Groups
>> very comfortably at Hyatt Regency Vancouver with their more flexible
>> meeting space and allow the Wired Groups to have full access to the
>> Fairmont Hotel Vancouver once again (which they say they prefer
>> anyway) and everybody's happy. Not only that but we will be able to
>> have full coverage for our on-site network for both properties for the
>> full week as part of our already contracted cost. This will be an
>> obvious precursor to our November 2005 plenary with the same two
>> properties, so we should have all of our set-up and layout issues
>> thoroughly sorted out beforehand with hardly any effort in 2005.
>> So I'm thinking we need to do 450 rooms peak at HR-VCR for Wireless
>> and 300 rooms for Wired, etc. at Fairmont VCR, and have access to all
>> of their combined meeting spaces all week. And I believe we can do
>> all this with a room-rate at both properties of $140.CAD/night
>> (~=$99.US/night). We CAN work a deal to this effect if we can agree
>> to go for it before the end of next week (8/22/03). If we get bogged
>> down in too many other alternatives then we will probably lose our
>> chance at this.
>> So I would like to open this proposal for consideration and comment
>> from the EC and various WG reps. Can we agree to make this one work ???
>> It IS a combination that has worked extremely well in the past and the
>> price seems very reasonable to me.
>> Thanx, Buzz
>> Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
>> Boeing - SSG
>> PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM
>> Seattle, WA 98124-2207
>> (425) 865-2443 Fx: (425) 865-6721
> Bob Heile, Ph.D
> Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
> Chair, ZigBee Alliance
> 11 Louis Road
> Attleboro, MA 02703 USA
> Phone: 508-222-1393
> Mobile: 781-929-4832
> Fax: 508-222-0515
> email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Takefman email@example.com
Manager of Engineering, Cisco Systems
Chair IEEE 802.17 Stds WG
2000 Innovation Dr, Ottawa, Canada, K2K 3E8
voice: 613-254-3399 cell:613-220-6991