Re: [802SEC] 802.11 Contention-Based Protocol SG / 802.11y PAR and 5C update

802 EC Members,

I have received the attached email from the Chair (Peter Ecclesine) of the
802.11 Contention Based Protocol Study Group (CBP SG).

He informs me that the SG feel that as the situation with the FCC is unclear
at present as pertaining to the current 802.11y PAR and 5C work effort, the
study group members feel that acting upon approval of this PAR for
forwarding with EC approval to NesCom is questionable at present. Therefore,
the current resolve is to present the facts to the 802.11 WG body during our
Monday afternoon WG Plenary in San Francisco. This would be to recommend to
the WG membership that the PAR and 5C be removed for consideration by the
802 EC on and withdrawn from the Friday agenda at the July session.
Subsequently, the 802.11 would ask for the 802 EC at the closing Friday
meeting to extend the life of the CBP SG up to and including the next
Plenary in November 2005, if so approved by the 802.11 membership.

Finally, the Chair of the SG unfortunately has an unavoidable personal issue
so he will not be able to attend the 802 EC Meeting on Monday or the 802.11
Opening Plenary, but will be at our session from Wednesday onwards. In the
meantime I have asked Jan Kruys to act as Chair pro-tem until Peter joins us
later in the week. Jan has played an active part in the work of the SG and
will be present at the 802 EC Monday meeting as well as driving the WG
debate.

I will inform you via email after the 802.11 WG Opening meeting (Monday
1:30pm to 3:30 pm) of the outcome of the memberships view or decision.

Respectfully,

Stuart

_______________________________

Stuart J. Kerry