[802SEC] Liaison Report from P1901 - BPL

802 EC,

            John Boot presented a liaison report from IEEE P1901 to the
802.19 TAG last week at the Vancouver Plenary Session.

            The purpose of this liaison between P1901 and 802.19 was
concern raised at the July 802 Plenary regarding possible interference
caused by broadband over powerline (BPL) which could potential adversely
affect 802 wireless standards.

            In summary, the P1901 working group does not believe there
will be any interference to any of the 802 wireless standards.

            However, I would like to give the wireless working groups an
opportunity to raise any concerns they have about this potential
interference.  So if there are any members of your working groups who
have any concerns I would request that they contact me an arrange to
make a presentation at the January Wireless Interim Session.

            I would like to thank John for giving this liaison report in
the 802.19 TAG.

Regards,

Steve

19-05-0049-00-0000-November-2005-Liaison-Report-From-P1901.ppt