[802SEC] March 2006 Election, Confirmation, Appointment process

Dear EC members,

Per the LMSC P&P all members of the executive committee are elected and confirmed at the first Plenary session of each even numbered year.  That session is the upcoming March 2006 Plenary session.  I will stand for re-election as Chair of 802.

If I am re-elected Matthew Sherman, Pat Thaler, John Hawkins, Bob O'Hara, and Buzz Rigsbee have agreed to continue on in their positions as first Vice Chair, second Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Recording Secretary, and Executive Secretary respectively.  Additionally, if approved, Geoff Thompson has agreed to continue as the non-voting Member Emeritus (the renewal of this position until March 2008 will require EC approval.  I am in favor of renewing the position and Geoff continuing to fill it.)

If you, or others in your Groups, wish to be considered for the 802 Chair or appointed positions, please contact me.  The responsibilities of the appointed positions are described in the attached document.

In the case of the WG Chairs and Vice-Chairs, we will observe the process described in the attached document.

Position summary:

      Title
     Qty
     notes

      802 Sponsor Chair/EC Chair
     (1)
     elected by EC

      1st Vice-Chair, 2nd Vice-Chair, Executive Secretary, Recording Secretary,  and Treasurer
     (5)
     appointed by EC Chair, confirmed by EC

      WG Chairs and Vice-Chairs for:
      802.1, 802.3, 802.11, 802.15, 802.16, 802.17, 802.20, 802.21, and 802.22
     (9)
     elected by WG, confirmed by EC

      TAG Chairs and Vice Chairs for:
      802.18 and 802.19
     (2)
     elected by TAG, confirmed by EC

      Member Emeritus
     (1)
     renew position until March 2008 approved by EC, non-voting

      Total positions
     (18)
     1 position is non-voting

Please circulate this email to your WG members so they have ample time to consider it before the March meeting.

Regards,

Paul Nikolich
Chair, IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee
Cell:  857 205 0050
Email: p.nikolich@ieee.org

March 2006 election_appointment_confirmation process.pdf