From: Darwin Engwer [mailto:dengwer@nortel.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 9:43 PM
To: stuart@OK-BRIT.COM
Cc: hworstell@research.att.com
Subject: Re: [802-11WG] FW: [802SEC] compiled table of PARs for March EC
agenda

Stuart,

My only comment wrt the new PARs relates to 802.16j Mobile Multihop Relay:
"Some of the work of 802.11j will overlap with work already in progress in
802.15.5 and 802.11s. Therefore 802.16j should be strongly encouraged by the
802 ExCom to work in unison with both 802.11s and 802.15.5 (via periodic and
regular joint meetings) to identify areas of common investigation by those
three task groups and (hopefully) the development of shared modules to
address those areas of commonality.  For example, all three task groups need
to develop some form of relay (aka mesh) point discovery and "radio aware"
routing.  The joint meetings should encourage the appropriate subject matter
experts (SMEs) in those areas to develop a common module that can be used by
all three groups.  These common modules can then be replicated and published
in each of the final amendments to the respective base standards."

I wish the above to be submitted to the EC as a formal comment on the
802.16j PAR.

It is time that 802 started applying the same reuse principles that we all
apply in our everyday engineering work.

Thanks,
Darwin